Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Bassett's Pole

I got back off holiday on Monday so decided the best thing to do was get on my bike asap along with Loz, Gareth, Dean and Alan and take a trundle down to Bassett's Pole bike meet which is held every Tuesday at the Bassett's Pole Pub on the corner of the A38 and A446.


This is Dean who only passed his test a couple of weeks ago and went out and purchased a brand new R6. It's worth noting that he has chicken strips the width of which Bernard Matthews would be proud of!



Meet Alan, Loz's friend from Newhaven who's popped up to visit for a few days. Loz is currently building a trike for Al and I shall be sticking some details and photos on here shortly explaining all about it with regular progress reports.


Gaz and a bottle of Becks.


Kenny Rogers?





I'll just quickly mention.... I don't know what it is about my car but whilst in France on holiday it seemed to attract people on two wheels. The first week I had a Ktm rider ram the side of my car, fall off then quickly jump back on and ride off before I had the chance to tap him for a repair bill. And later on into the holiday I had a head on collision with a chap on a push bike who managed to headbutt my windscreen, knock himself out, squash his baguettes, tear his newspaper and break his sunglasses, and before anyone asks, no it wasn't my fault and after looking at the state of the poor bloke I didn't have the heart to ask him what he was going to do about the dent in my bumper and bonnet.

Posted by Mike

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you'll find young Mr Tackleberry my chicken strips are none existant! I should point out here for people who don't know Dean, although he's only just passed his test he's actually a dab hand on a scrambler and bikes aren't new to him but I should be careful what I say about him as he owns more weapons than the Green Berrys hence the nickname "Tackleberry" which you might recognise if ever you've watched Police Academy.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note about "Tackleberry" his hero is Elmer Fudd from the Bugs Bunny Cartoons who like dean himself has an itchy trigger finger!!!! Whenever he sees any kind of wildlife he explains the best way to "terminate" it!! I do worry about him some times!!! ha ha!!

Anonymous said...

For those of you that don't know who the Green Berrys are, they're a lot like the Green Berets but taste a lot nicer stewed!!

Anonymous said...

6th picture down, I spy my little GPZ500s ...

Mike said...

Anon - That must be the forth bike along from the left in the foreground?