Friday, October 27, 2006

Next Years Big Bike Ride

More and more lately I've been thinking about what we're going to do for a weeks biking holiday next year. The highlands of Scotland sounds tempting, but so does the Vendee (west coast of France. I know of a great campsite called Camping Pong, strange but true). JJ has just purchased a new house with a swimming pool in the south of France, that's got my lips drooling! How about the Dordogne or the Rhone Valley? Nearer to home how about Croyde Bay/Woolacombe (my favourite place in the country) where we can get some surfing in? And there's other places to consider, maybe Amsterdam, Berlin or perhaps Prague? The list is endless. We've got to consider what time of year is best suited to us all, I was thinking of May/June sort of time, as you know August is always out for me, but as ever things are flexible. If any of you have any other suggestions, stick them in the comments and let me know who's potentially up for it. If we need a ferry it's usually best to book early to save a bit of cash.

Posted by Mike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not a bad idea Dean but I'd like to visit Skara Brae on the Orkney Islands if we could cram that in as well.