Monday, October 23, 2006

Winnie (my Blackbird) Isn't Very Well

Whilst I was down the pub on Friday I recieved an unusual text message off Trace saying "I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm a bit down this week". I pondered this unusual occurance for a while and decided that a reply of "it's your hormones, go get some pills off the doctor" probably wasn't the best way of dealing with the situation, so I made a couple of phone calls and against my better judgement sent this message back in return.. "Maybe if I tell you I've organised a babysitter and I've booked a table at The Panache (posh Indian restaurant) for tomorrow night, it might cheer you up a bit". Very nice of me don't you think?

Saturday morning came, I rushed in the shower, jumped in my leathers, got on my bike and rode off to meet Matt and Dean.... Two miles down the road I pulled up at a set of traffic lights, looked down at my petrol tank and nearly fell off my bike!! I met up in due course with my mates, appologised for momentarily holding them up as I needed to send a text. The text read as follows... "you being a little bit down wouldn't by any chance have anything to do with the friggin great big dent in my petrol tank would it?"

Not only did it have a dent in it but it also contained a large amount of scratches and scuffs and some damage to my screen. It was obvious what had happened, she'd knocked my paddock stand off the wall which landed straight on top of Winnie.

Now the way I see it, it's like this;


Quote to repair the tank was £150 to £200


I haven't priced the screen up yet but you can bet it's £60 or so. On top of all this I've handed over an additional £58 in the form of ....


this


and this, to the person who tried to kill my Winnie. I reckon now, that the estimated cost to patch my poor bike up is somewhere between £268 and £318!!!! Matt seems to think I should see the funny side of it but he's not paying is he? And Matt, is there any chance of you returning my cement mixer as I've got some unexpected work I need to be getting on with underneath my patio?

Posted by Mike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cant you just buy one of those miracle dent pullers that are for sale on fleabay!!! supposed to be amazing!!!ha ha!! cant you just add protected no claims to your insurance then in a few weeks " oh dear Mr Insurance man i seem to have had an accident!!" worth a try