Thursday, August 30, 2007

Yes I'm no longer stuck at the top of the page with my trousers down!

There's a couple of reasons for this post. Firstly I'm a bit fed up being stuck at the top of the page with my pants round my ankles, and secondly I thought that Mel could do with a little bit more fame. He's already featured on this blog, once trying to work out how to operate a mobile phone (an age related problem!) and another time handing me some newspaper for the outdoor toilet photo on the post below. He's an okay sort of guitarist you know having played in the odd band here and there over the years (not quite as good as me mind). I'm not entirely sure you'll have heard of any......... Trapeze, MGM, Phenomena and some other band......... Whitesnake I think they were called.

Anyway, he played at a local venue on Sunday night and here he is straining for what looks like a giant poo, and the guy in the background is obviously impressed by its enormity! I was going to use the picture for a caption competition but that wouldn't be right now would it....... however, any unofficial captions certainly won't be frowned upon...... hush my mouth, I never said that.

I never went to the gig, instead opting for a bike ride with Matt but apparently it was a fantastic night. Photos are courtesy of Sir Gobshite John PD PFF PRLL (Pro drinker, pro fly fisherman, pro Russian language lecturer).



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sir Michael, Thanks for the accolades, you forgot to admit that you missed the gig because Lady jangle jangle needed to have a whine at someone.

C U in the pub.

Zajonti

Elaine Denning said...

I have an image of the drummer doing something rather unpleasant with his sticks.

Great picture!

Momentary Madness said...

Looks like a good night out- god, I'll have to get to a gig sometime soon- nothing like it.
Y;-) Paddy

Ali said...

Fantastic photo's. I love a live gig in a bar.

It's a shame you're not running a caption competition because mine would be:

"Shit, Shit, What's the next bloody chord? Feckin' alzheimer's!!!"

But as you're not requesting captions, I'll keep that one to myself!!

Mike said...

Miss U - I'm not even going to begin imagining that one.

Paddy - You can't beat live music.

Ali - Yes keep that one to yourself lol.