Monday, September 17, 2007

Temporarily Without Bike

You won't believe it but I had a busy week at work last week. It's Richard's fault for clearing off on holiday, and it's Lee's fault for taking time off work with a bad eye. So, instead of office bound duties which primarily consist of reading and writing blogs, I had to spend my days in the factory being more constructive for a change.

The upshot of last week means I'm temporarily without motorbike, well at least I thought I was. Leaving everything to the last minute as I normally do, I came to the realisation that my MOT had expired, my tyres were illegally bald and my road tax was two weeks out of date. Friday morning arrived and I'd got it into my head that I was going to have to SORN my bike until I could get some new rubber and an MOT sorted.

However.....

Upon finding my previous MOT on Friday lunchtime I discovered that although the bike was MOT'd on the 9th September last year it's not actually due to expire until the 26th. This made my day to say the least. I was straight on line to tax it and now all I have to do is get some sexy new rubber one of the days this week and book it in for an MOT for Saturday morning. And then...... the weather's going to turn crap, mark my words.

Now that I'm back in the office this week I shall be sorting out and uploading a post that Neil has very kindly taken trouble to write. I'm sure you're all going to enjoy taking a read of it. I also want to apologise to Neil for not getting it posted on here sooner.

Lastly but by no means least, it's been learnt this weekend that Colin McRae has tragically died in a helicopter accident along with his five year old son Johnny, his son's six year old friend Ben and Colin's friend Graeme Duncan. My heart goes out to their family and friends. Colin was an ambassador to his sport, one of the greatest most entertaining rally drivers there ever was. This isn't the way things are supposed to happen. Life dishes out some real bum deals sometimes.

7 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

We too were deeply saddened by the news of Colin & family, so tragic. We lost a great biking friend through a road accident. Completely freak circumstances. He raced at the TT too, yet died at the roadside in Thirsk!

Ali said...

Look forward to reading Neils post, and great news your bike is still on the road.

I didn't hear about Colin, I must have had my head in the sand. How tragic and what a sad loss to the motorsport world.

Anonymous said...

Colin's death is another of those surreal events that you just can't comprehend. Kind of like our Peter Brock dying in of all things a car accident.

ellie said...

Get the MOT sorted and get your lazy ass out on that bike, there aren't many more days left for biking without frozen fingers x

Elaine Denning said...

Can I come to the sexy rubber shop with you?

Really sad news about Colin. I can't begin to imagine what his family are going through right now.

savannah said...

life is so fragile...i read the story on bbc before i saw it on tv...

Anonymous said...

Cor thats a relief i thought you'd swapped for a winniebago....