Monday, March 10, 2008

Mel Galley's 60th Birthday

Mel celebrated his 60th birthday on Saturday. It was lovely to see such a great turn out of people for such a special occasion.


Mel (on the left) along side Glenn Hughes.


Andy, Mel and myself.


Mel and Tim. Tim's taking his bike test next month and becoming the latest member of the Jangler club.


The lovely Suzi Perry.


Well, you know.


Suzi, Mel, Chris Evans and Glenn.


I'll tell you what we were talking about.... Scotch eggs, I kid you not.





Andy, family and Chris.


It's the usual sign that Andy's had more than half a shandy.

Eventually alcohol comes into play and things rapidly start going down hill, literally. And so a great day was had by all.



Finally, I'm organising a trip to Brno on the 15th August for the MotoGP. It's all going to be happening, chauffeur for the weekend, pit passes, fine dining and cheap beer. If any of you Janglers want to go, let me know by the end of the week, errr... the 15th would that be?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you guys back xox

Loz said...

what have i told you about gay bar's ! will you never learn ?

Pete M said...

Great stuff Mike, glad you enjoyed yourselves. Must say your photos improved the more you drank. First photo looks like you focused on the guy behind Mel and Glen. Glen sure does look like some kind of ageing rock freak. (Hope he does not read this, well whatever he does not know me, edit the comment if you wish)

Elaine Denning said...

Ok, so what was Chris Evans doing hanging out with the Janglers? More to the point, why didn't he drop his trousers!

Glad you all had a good time.

Elaine Denning said...

Ok, don't answer that question. Google beat you to it.

Now I'm REALLY glad you all had a good time.

Respect.

Mike said...

Kate - Thanks. There hasn't really been much going on of interest to talk about lately. We're waiting for winter to clear off so we can get out on a decent bike ride.

Pete - The first photo was taken by John the copper, not me. It wouldn't have come out at all if I hadn't had the camera on raw because it was about 3 stops under exposed (as well as being out of focus!)

Elaine - Thanks.

ellie said...

What a load of arses!
Can I put my name down for the MotoGP trip I really need a holiday and a chauffeur driven car sounds like heaven after my recent exploits behnd the wheel.
Great pictures Mike, nice to see you back.

ellie said...

Hmmmm. I shall take your silence as a NO then shall I?

Mike said...

Ellie - You're welcome to tag along on the trip. Stick at the driving, you'll be okay.