Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Gravel Rash

If you've ever wondered what grounds out first on a Honda Blackbird whilst cranking it over, I can reliably inform you that it's the fairing. Some people might argue it's actually the hero blob on the footpeg, but mine has snapped off so in this case it doesn't count.

I'm not sure if I should be proud of the gravel rash or not. Winnie now has battle scars, the sort of which doesn't look good when I come to sell her. I wouldn't mind but it's not exactly a fair representation of my riding because I really don't ride all that fast. However, I now join Gaz in the rather elite club of Fairing Scrapers*, no badge, no T-shirt, just a big grin.

*Achieved without the aid of crashing.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

acheived i imagine at slow speed on a correctly cambered ( in your favour ) island.

Mike said...

Maybe :)

Loz said...

mike, you have a double garage. how the hell did you manage to scrape it up the wall ? i bet the wife had something to do with it, just like your tank !