Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We Haven't Fled the Country (Yet)

In case anyone is wondering, we haven't all disappeared off the face of the planet, we've been just a little busy, that's all. I've been working pretty much seven days a week since Christmas refurbing the factory. Weekends have been the best time to be getting on with this job so any riding I've been doing has been when I take the occasional half day off work. Even then my rides have only been local travelling no further than the Peak District. Loz has been busy organising and preparing for a ride to Iceland in August (More of that later). Matt (Joey) is busy attaining his commercial helicopter pilots licence and has been snowed under with exams. Dean currently is landscaping his garden. Neil has had a career change and is concentrating on that, and finally there's Gaz who has been busy learning to skydive. At some point this year things will come together and no doubt we'll all end up catching up on lost time.

As I mentioned earlier, Loz is starting out for Iceland on the 2nd of August. On the 8th August he'll be catching a ferry from John O'groats. Dean and I will be taking a week off work to ride up to John O'groats with him whereby we'll leave him to head northward to a chillier climate. We meanwhile will head back down the country via Edinburgh taking in the Festival and the Royal Yacht Britannia. Rock on!

Other stuff in the news, our mate Tim who recently passed his test has bought himself a Honda CBR 600 (pictured below).


Tim and his CBR 600

Although we've all been busy, it hasn't stopped us getting up the pub for the usual rounds of silliness....... Oh no.


A somewhat spooky looking Matt (Joey)

I'll leave you with three short but funny videos of Pete Miller in his usual top form. I'll pre warn you that we're not all like this in Staffordshire!





2 comments:

Lol said...

I preferred fleed ;-)

Mike said...

Damn, I thought nobody had noticed! lol