Friday, June 16, 2006

VMCC Open Day

Curborough Sprint Track - http://www.curborough.co.uk/

Bank Holiday Monday saw us with sun and scattered showers for the VMCC open day. This event was only small but as it's on my door step I thought I'd take a ride down. The VMCC had organized a selection of vintage and classic motorcycles for what they call rider training. This allowed visitors to take one or more of these deathtraps on a shortened section of the track (well lets face it, they're not likely to make it all the way round a full circuit are they? - Mike). All this fun for a tenner! However, I guess I never read the small print in whatever publication it was advertised in and I didn't realise it had to be pre-booked, and when I got there, there were no spaces available. There was also a regularity trial which I believe to be about lap times and consistency, not necessarily the fastest. There were some lovely looking machines but also some rough looking ones which I personally like to see as it proves these bikes are used well and maintained as necessary, not kept as living pictures!


A splendid Triton


Here's one of the Triton in action


This shining example of an early Harley was going rather well on the track and saw sparks trailing from its under carriage on the bends.




That'll be a surprise breakdown then will it?





On another note a scooter of some description arrived and for a moment I thought mike had turned up!


Can’t see much difference between this and his Blackbird. Fairing, screen and top box, just the same if you ask me!

Posted by Loz

No comments: