Thursday, November 16, 2006

Exhaust Troubles

I’m having a persistently annoying problem with the right hand side pipe on my bike in the area of the arrows in the two pictures.


Look at that chicken strip shining like a brilliant beacon of uprightness... Dean would be proud of it!!


Eeeek, where did that big toe come from?

The surface keeps tarnishing and it almost looks like rust. Every couple of months I have to attack it with the trusty old Autosol. According to Honda the effected area is stainless so I don’t understand why it should be happening. Especially as the problem started when the bike was just three years old with only 6400 miles on the clock.

The strange thing is my previous bike, a Bandit 600, developed the same problem in the same area. I was wondering if it had something to do with a draft that may blow underneath my garage door or maybe it’s just one of those things and coincidence that it’s happened with both my bikes.
Anyone got any ideas or had similar problems?

Posted by Mike

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike asks ....Anyone got any ideas or had similar problems?
BLSB replies .I find raising the camera angle helps prevent toes creeping into the picture.
But having said that ... its the first hint of nudity on the blog and that has to be a good thing!!!

Anonymous said...

Cant say i agree with the nudity on the site...unless of course its female. then thats totally ok!!

Anonymous said...

Dean, go buy yourself some nice earings, they'd suit you!!!

Rig said...

Mike, could it be where the heel of your right boot is rubbing?

Anonymous said...

I never thought about that one Rig. next time I'm out for a ride I'll take some notice of where my boot normally rests.