Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A tenner bet, a lesson in love, a bit on blogs and finally, how to realise your assets

I've made a bet with somebody that Nicky Hayden isn't going to finish next years Moto GP championship in the top 3. I haven't found anyone who agrees with me yet and that's worrying. Have I made a serious error in judgement? There's logic in my reasoning though... This year he only won two races and up to the last race of the season he hadn't finished a race in the top three for five races. He's basically been consistent amongst a group of potential championship winning riders who have been plagued with mechanical problems and injuries. Trouble is, at the time of making said bet I'd overlooked the fact that they're all on new bikes with smaller capacity engines next year, and I've got this awful feeling that Honda are going to be better prepared than the rest of the field. I'm starting to think what I saw as a safe bet is looking a little shakey. Roll on next season, all will be revealed.

Another birthday.... I'll just mention a quick happy birthday to Dean's girlfriend Nicola, which leads me nicely into a little lesson on how to impress your loved one on her Birthday, or not, as the case may be. Mentioning no names (cough.. Tackleberry...cough), it sort of goes on the lines of this.... If you enjoy life, want to live long and enjoy a beautiful and fullfilling relationship until death do you part and all that, don't treat your girlfriend to a lovely pair of earings on her birthday when she doesn't even have her ears pierced!

Back to bikes.... winter's on it's way, there's salt on the roads, and I know I'm going to walk straight into some mickey taking with what I'm going to say, but the fact is, weekend ride outs for us lot aren't likely to be happening in any great quantity for the next four months or so. Subsequently the poor blog is going to suffer a wee bit with lack of anything interesting to add. But it's not all doom and gloom. Matt and myself have come up with a few good ideas to keep the site from stagnating.

And last but not least, it would be really nice when posting comments to give yourselves a name other than anonymous. You could be one or many people and it confuses the hell out of my limited capacity brain, and as Biker Loving Sex Bomb so flirtatiously points out in our guestbook, how can she show you her,,,, uh humm, how do I word it,,,,, "assets" when she doesn't know who you are?

Phewww, I'm all typed out now.

Posted by Mike

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only coz you've banned her from your shed and hid the key.

Anonymous said...

talking of birthdays, have a good un Loz !!