Thursday, November 30, 2006

Letter to Santa

This morning my youngest daughter, Emily came into my bedroom with a letter addressed to Father Christmas telling him what presents she would like, and suggested that I write him a list as well and post it to him along with hers. What a great idea;

“Dear Father Christmas,

As I’m a big kid at heart, is there any chance of having the following items dropped down my chimney on Christmas morning?

Phileas Foggy’s New Zealand Adventure (DVD).

Charley Boorman’s book, Race to Dakar (preferably signed). By the way, could you tell Boorman he’s still not forgiven over the NEC bike show. Not until he gets himself on our blog to explain himself, and then it’s not guaranteed.

A rear carbon hugger for Winnie, my Blackbird.

A new petrol tank, again for Winnie. Not one word Santa… Don’t even think about it.

A rubber paddock stand.

The second series of American Chopper, even though I’ve seen them all on TV and will probably never get the DVD out of the packet. Just like series one I had last year.

Some half decent winter biking gloves.

Some new in-ear headphones for my ipod (to replace the ones that got eaten by my vacuum) so I don’t get bored riding on long motorway journeys whilst waiting for Dean to catch up!

The world’s most ingenious camping chair that folds up to miniature proportions yet when unravelled is comfy and spacious. Good luck with that one, I’ve been trying to find one for years. Get the Elves on the case big fella.

The debut album by Hinder, and get yourself a copy while you’re at it, you’ll love it!

That’s just about the lot me old fruit. I’ll see to it that there’s a nice mince pie and glass of milk waiting for you on the mantelpiece.

Yours hopingly

Mike

PS. Don’t worry about getting me any pants and socks. No doubt the army of unimaginative relatives will yet again come up trumps and ensure my supplies hold out for at least another twelve months."

2 comments:

Rig said...

Mike, get yourself a pair of Hein Gericke Pathan Gloves, they are excellent winter gloves, I'm on my 5th year with mine.

Heated grips help as well!

Anonymous said...

Mike I have just read your letter to Santa and would like to say your daughter sounds amazing .... how sweet of her to remember the adults at Christmas. So in the spirit of the post I have decided to share my list with the JangleJangle readers, funny how many similarities are are between the sexes!!!!!


Dear Father Christmas,

As I am a kid with a very big heart, is there any chance of you popping a few of the following in my stockings on Christmas morning?

Phileas Ray's Bedsprings Adventure (DVD)

A close hug involving my rear

A man built like a tank who could put a few dents in me!

Rubbber .. mmm yes . anything rubber!!!

A chopper ... american or oherwise and i would never admit to having seen them all .and it will have the packaging ripped off before you, Santa, have got back up the chimney.

A muff to keep my hands warm .... ** blink blink pout blink**

Oh and of course a signed picture of all the guys on Jangle!

Yours longingly

Fanny

PS. Dont worry about getting me any underwear, I have received plenty from an army of gentlemen with over active imaginations.