Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Cornish New Year

I went to Padstow in Cornwall for the new year, and for five days I saw more rain than the entire amount Staffordshire has had in all of 2006. But looking on the bright side, the food was good, if not a little pricey in some places. Fish and chips in Rick Steins Seafood Restaurant will set you back around £17.50, and before you ask, no I didn't eat there. The local beers were of fine quality and most importantly of all, the surf was huge. That would have something to do with the near gale force winds that blew for most of the five days.

Whilst in the area I decided to pay Bodmin Jail a visit as it's become a bit of a hotspot for ghost hunters, probably because of its dark and sinister past. I'm not one for believing in ghosts but was quite looking forward to seeing one. Sadly I didn't, and I strongly suspect they were all scared of me. The moment I shouted "show yourselves yer yellow bellied pussies" at the top of my voice must have had them fleeing in all directions. It certainly got rid of my relatives. Next time I go I'll try the other tactic of "Here coochy coochy".

Anyway I've rambled on enough, time for a shower, followed by a late entry into work. Ahh work, what a great word, work. With Christmas and new year over with, I've never looked forward to getting back to work so much in all my life.

I'll leave you with some photos.


Padstow inner harbour


Some pub in Padstow


Fistral Beach, Newquay


Fistral Beach, Newquay (again)


Somewhere just outside Port Isaac


▲ Polzeath - fine surf ▼




▲ Bodmin Jail ▼

No comments: