Monday, January 08, 2007

The Dakar (Stage 1 & 2)

Today is the third day of the Dakar Rally and so I thought I'd give you an update on how the Edmondson KTM bike campaign, ridden by Colin Askey and spannered for by our matey Neil is getting on.

On the first stage from Lisbon to Portimao they finished in 184th place out of 243 finishers, and on the second stage from Portimao to Malaga they finished 217th out of 242 finishers. This gives them a current overall position of 187.

The other bike in the team ridden by Malone is doing slightly better, finishing the first stage in 147th place and the second stage in 98th, thus giving him an overall position of 134th.

They're also racing a truck which Neil is riding in, and I'll give you an update on how it's doing as soon as I get the info.

Next update - Thursday morning

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard from Neil last night, Colin went out about 40km from the end of stage 8. Various rumours as to why, some say he ran out of fuel, others are saying his fuel pump broke.

Reception isn't good where they are at the moment, having to resort to satellite phone.

Neils well (although he does have a beard, yuck!).

Siân

Mike said...

Thanks Siân. What a shame eh? With only 40km to go. I did send him a text but have had no delivery report. Send him my regards next time you speak.

Anonymous said...

I will do. He sends his regards to you all and can't wait to meet up for a drink when he gets back.

Siân