Monday, February 26, 2007

Jordan Formula One

Courtesy of a Jordan F1 team member friend of Simon, we all had an invite into the Jordan pits on race day for the 2004 Italian Grand Prix at Monza. As well as being an incredibly interesting day out, and one that very few people are fortunate to experience, it also had it's mildly amusing moments;

Whilst we're busy posing for the below photo which was being taken by Simon's mate from Jordan, there were people outside on pit lane staring in at us from behind a barrier, taking photos of us! The paparazzi must have thought we were of some major importance. Either that or they fancied us (which to be honest isn't very likely).


From left to right: Tony, Simon, Pete and finally myself.




That's all an F1 car gets for an exhaust, it's no wonder they're so deafeningly loud.




The epicentre. It's just a great big powerful remote control for the cars really.


No wheels and engine? I see the Liverpudlians must have got there first (No disrespect to the vastly law abiding citizens of Liverpool).

I was talking to Simon a few days ago, and just for the crack he's decided to auction a large framed copy of the first picture (the one of the four of us) on ebay. He's trying to prove the theory that some people really will buy absolutely anything. I reckon if it does actually sell, we'll be lucky to get fifty pence for it, however Si's a lot more optimistic thinking he'll easily get 10 quid for it. He's of the opinion that somebody will buy it then hang it on their wall, so that when guests visit and look at the picture, he can tell them the people in the photo are his mates and he was the one taking the photo. Well, it's an interesting if not somewhat bizarre theory. I'll let you know how things go.

8 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

ok...tell me when it's up, and give me the link. You'll have your first 50p bid!

Anonymous said...

Thats a damn cool day out!!! Did you nick anything as a souvenir?

Anonymous said...

I'm from Liverpool

Mike said...

Miss U, I'm honoured!

Hello Dave. No, but I did get given a piece of smashed up bodywork. Perhaps I should flog that too on ebay.

Liverpool Fran, hello and welcome......... Well you're welcome so long as you don't go round nicking wheels off cars. Especially off my car.

ellie said...

Wow Mike you are a piece of living history, now that Jordan are called Midland or Spyker or whatever name they go by now. Oh for the days when they raced like black and yellow hornets with the old bitten and hisses livery to get round the B&H tabacco sponsorship ban. Golden days indeed. Worth at least 50p on ebay don't you think?

Mike said...

Ellie, all that knowledge! Now you've seriously impressed me!

ellie said...

Shucks thanks Mister *blush blush*!

Ali said...

Hell, motorbikes AND formula 1.. ur my kind of guy Mike... what a fantastic day out, now if you could just swing a few extra invites next time around... lol

Thanks for dropping by my place. x