Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Macchi Moor

Matt's sister Katherine, who's an artist and an incredible dab hand with a paintbrush, recently visited Macchi Moor, Arran, and came away with some absolutely stunning photographs. She's very kindly given me a copy of the photos so I could tinker around with them in Photoshop. I haven't done much to them apart from making them a little more moody and atmospheric. Here's the results for four of my favourites. Talk about the right place at the right time!!!

Oh and Neil... yes you, Mr Ruffle, I know you read this in your lunch break.... Any chance you could get round to sorting out some of your fantastic Dakar photos so we can stick a bit of colour on these pages? There's a serious lack of anything motorcycle happening around here at the moment!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mick
love what you've done. Strangely the images look more like my experience now. After battling through the storm, the sudden bursts of sunshine had that super real effect on the eyes and mind.
I'll let you boyz know of suitable photogenic bike journeys, after I next talk with the Great Architect. By the way Arran is full of hairpins.
Matt's sister

Anonymous said...

Mike

I like what I see, very atmospheric, thanks for your comment on my restoration, photoshop is a wonderful thing. perhaps ypu can set up a compo to do something with photoshop. Time here is an issue but it may be possible. The weather is set to improve, maybe we could do a bike photo thing, what do you think.

Oh yes and I decided against the Volvo, too much money for what it is, so I will have a re-think.

TTFN