Sunday, March 04, 2007

Dakar 2007

As most people will be aware, Neil has recently returned from the Dakar Rally, and he's very kindly dropped some photos round my house. You'll have to bear with me on the descriptions. Neil did explain to me a few weeks ago who everybody was and what and where everything was, but I've been to sleep since then.


The Proseal Edmondson Team. From left to right: Colin Askey, Derek Edmondson, Neil sat on the truck behind him, not sure who's next (sorry), and finally Steve Malone.


Colin.


Now you've got me. (scratches head)


Steve.


I'm not sure where this is....


.....But I know where this is. It's on stage 7 somewhere between Zourat and Atar. It looks like a good place to be for crispy bogies!!!


A large expanse of desert area with a giant rock in the middle of it. I wonder if they've ever had shoot outs from the top of it, like you see in cowboy and Indian films?


This photo is taken of a large expanse of desert that hasn't got a giant rock stuck in the middle of it.


I think this was one of quite a few planes used to transport people and equipment from one stage to another.


Not much I can say about one up and two down, the photos speak for themselves. It's not quite like this for the privateers.



Apparently, so Neil was saying, these Repsol cars were completely stripped every night and rebuilt.




Lots of useful gadgets to help prevent you getting lost.


The front of the Proseal Edmondson truck.

I'm sorry the descriptions are all a bit vague, but vagueness is all I have.

(Note to myself not to apply for a journalism job in motorsport)

3 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

I think you did a great job. All the photos were exactly the same size and they were in a straight line too. Well done!

Oh...sorry...you were talking baout journalism, weren't you?

Yeah, you'd be crap. :)

ellie said...

What an experience!
I mean its not often you get a chance like that is it ?

Your mate goes for days across the desert and entrusts you with his photo journal and you present them to the world wih captions like ....
I'm not sure where this is....

Well done Mike! ;)

Mustang said...

Wow, neat pictures mate.. must have been a ball of a time.


ride on

D