Monday, April 30, 2007

Burnouts, Old Bikes & Bad Stomachs

Gaz discovered a nail in his tyre which was unrepairable, so the only thing to do was buy another tyre and finish his old one off good and proper with a series of burnouts and rolling burnouts.









That was Friday. Sunday I headed over to the Classic Bike Show at Stafford County Show Ground. The most annoying thing about this was, I never found ANYTHING to buy. Not one single item. Well OK, I did actually end up buying something. It was a piece of diesel marinated cardboard impersonating a cheeseburger at a cost of £3.30!


Forget your Vincents and such like, this Triumph was my favourite bike of the show.


A superb BSA Goldstar.



Back to the burger...... it's poisoned me! Without going into too much detail, ever since yesterday afternoon I've had murky water exiting me with the force of a fire extinguisher. This morning I seem to have swapped from a water based extinguisher to one of foam. Not a good way to start my week. And sorry for sharing that one with you.

Any suitable donations would be greatly appreciated.... ice, cork, more toilet paper.......

6 comments:

ellie said...

If the photos are anything to go by Gaz had a few of those diesel burgers too.
Did you know a man breaks wind approximately 24 times a day whilst a woman only does it 12 times and I of course don't do it at all.

Ant said...

24 times...is that all?? real blokes do it that many times an hour...grrrrrr!! what a nice subject to be talking about on a sunny monday morning......

Momentary Madness said...

BSA Goldstar: I'll have that one; order it for me Mike will you.
Yes, indeed, you extinguised my yearn for burgers, and skip the chips as well.
PS: I know a good place Gaz can get a carbon foot-print for the burn-outs and fix him a good price for the off-set. Ha! Cheers! :-) Paddy

Elaine Denning said...

24 times a day? Really?
My husband could knock those out before breakfast.

And um....thanks for that Mike.

Hope you're feeling better today!

Mike said...

Ellie - I'm sure you're right and you don't break wind. And if you did they'd smell of roses right? Once I'm better I shall be testing this theory out of yours and I'll let you know FPD count.

Ant - It's still being discussed on an even sunnier Tuesday morning :)

Paddy - I'm glad I've gone some way to improve your diet.

Miss U - Bit early to tell. I'll let you know once I get out of bed when gravity starts playing a part.

ellie said...

Correct!