Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Birthdays, Weddings and No Guitars

I apologise for the lack of posts lately but I've been a bit busy. Friday night was Matt's 40th birthday party in the local pub where we organised some live music. The singer guitarist took quite a bit of finding because we specifically wanted somebody who could play some Led Zeppelin stuff. I was supposed to be getting on stage so to speak with my guitar to play Babe I'm Gonna Leave You whilst the singer sang the lyrics and Andy bonged his bongo but I ended up drinking too much beer, and realising I probably couldn't play due to not even being able to see straight I suffered from the dreaded stage fright. It didn't help having a few critical people in the crowd who were musicians themselves. I regretted it the next morning though (Both the lack of guitar playing and all the alcohol). The guy is coming back to play in September and I here by announce to the world I WILL DEFINITELY PLAY MY GUITAR. Oh yes I will...... bring your ear plugs!






Loz never turned up so I thought I'd make him a virtual party goer.

I went to a wedding on Sunday and spent the day trying to capture the event in a reportage style of photography. Out of about eighty photos I probably took ten that I was really happy with. Anyway I'll post two or three over the next couple of days and let everyone else be the judge and I hope it doesn't bore you senseless like this latest post probably has.

5 comments:

Ali said...

So Mike, does this mean that in September we can look forward to a video of YOU playing the song????

Can't wait! I might even get my speakers sorted by then so I can actually hear it.

Love the idea of having Loz as a virtual guest!! Inspired!

ellie said...

Spooky, a friend and I were discussing this song just last week. I have never really "got" Led Zeppelin. The music is excellent just that the lyrics don't quite match up.
Looking forward to seeing your performance Mike. Give me the name of the pub and I will arrange a bus load of groupies for you!

Elaine Denning said...

Ellie...I'll have a seat on the bus!
It's a great song. I'd love to see you play it, Mike.

As for the photos...bring 'em on!

Momentary Madness said...

I look forward to it. My favoutite party-piece is (and always goes down a treat) "I'm a Little Tea-pot."
I'm too busy with both arms - one for the handle and one for the spout, lift me up and pour me out - to play the guitar.
Y;-) Paddy

Mike said...

Ali - He's better off as a virtual guest... can't get in much trouble that way ;)

Ellie - FFS no groupies. When they realise how bad I am and what a wasted journey they've had they'll lynch you, and that would mean one less person commenting on our blog!

Elaine - You don't really want to see or hear me play.... trust me.

Paddy - My favourite party piece is my one man band impression. It must be good, Loz has been talking about it for twenty years now.