Thursday, June 28, 2007

Holidays in France

I'm sat in the pub sipping a pint listening to Frank as he tells me he's taking a holiday to France with his wife, his best friend and his best friends wife. He has nothing organised as yet. I listen contently to his plans on where in the country they'd like to stay and what sort of accommodation they had in mind.

"Why don't you rent yourself a Gîte?" I enquire, expecting some sort of logical answer.

I should have known better.

"Fuck off man, there's no way I'm hiring a car and attempting to drive on the wrong side of the road."

5 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

Um...

I had to google it!

Ali said...

LMAO @ Frank... classic!!!

ellie said...

Poor Frank! Was he serious? If so how did you keep a straight face?

savannah said...

some people need to stya home, sugar..or use a travel agent ;)

Momentary Madness said...

Tell him to do what DE Selby did in "The Third Policeman" buy postcard pin them to his wall and mind travel. No danger, and cheap too. Nice one Mike.
Y;-) Paddy