Thursday, July 19, 2007

Bungee Jump

Here's a few photos of the bungee jump held at the local pub on Monday evening. There was no chance I was going to have a go but I did go up in the cage five times to get some photos.

I was talking to Duncan later on in the evening and we decided it would have been fantastic for three or four of us to have had a barbecue up there. Not that it was ever going to happen but the idea was good. Just image it, sat on a garden chair two hundred and fifteen feet in the air, drinking a beer with some kebabs gently sizzling away whilst we admire the stunning views.


A view of the pub from the top of the crane (I should imagine you've already guessed that). My car's in the foreground, the red one just left of centre....That, you wouldn't have guessed.








Mark 1, Big Phil and Shoey who's blowing her nose on a sponsor form.


Don't be fooled, he was crapping himself.


Mark 1 on the way back up.


That's me.


A superb portrait of Dean and Nicola expertly taken by yours truly, and I don't care if you disagree. :)


Mark 2 taking a swig of sedative fifteen minutes before launch.


Mark 2




This is Michael the owner of the pub. Frankie, one of the bar staff got everyone to sponsor him without him knowing. In the photo he's thinking "Yes you, you little fekker, I'll get you for this."


Michael and Frankie.

That's your lot. I won't bore you with the other 165 photos.

14 comments:

ellie said...

Blurghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I feel ill just looking at the pictures, makes you appreciate hobbies like knitting and basket weaving.

savannah said...

i would have died, sugar!!!!! just looking at the pics made my knees shake (the pics from the backet looking down, i meant)

Anonymous said...

I'd love to do that. Once my blood pressure settles down the first picturesque opportunity and thats me. I so want to fly.
Your a big chicken mike. :)))))

Mike said...

Ellie - So you won't be doing a bungee jump then?

Savannah - It wasn't too scary once you were up there.

Kate - That's me, one great big plucked chicken ;)

Anonymous said...

yeah right, you ride a bike through traffic, nothing chicken about that.

Elaine Denning said...

I'll do anything if I'm dared to.
Well, almost.

"Mine's the red one, just left of centre..."

Mike, what makes you think I know my left from right if I don't know my colours? LoL. x

Anonymous said...

miss u - its probably something to do with your counting

Anonymous said...

mike, great shot of the pub! how many times did you shout " i can see the pub from here " ?.
anyway, i think you should enlarge it and frame it for the pub wall

Mike said...

Kate - Actually I did nearly have a go at the last minute but I decided it was too expensive.

Miss U - Are you colour blind then?

Loz - They can have the whole disc of photos and do their own copy if they want.

Ant said...

Ive just noticed that Mark 2 is a pretty strong guy!!, counterbalancing the crane on his head like that, good job fella!!!

Ali said...

PMSL @ Ant.... great spot!!

Brilliant photos Mike, yet again. Could you see the pub from up there?

Anonymous said...

not only is mark 2 very strong he also seems to fly sideways !

Mike said...

Ant - Well spotted!

Ali - Didn't I mention it earlier? I could see the pub from up there you know!

Anonymous said...

Great pics Mike, petty you were not hanging from the rope yourself, for charity of course. Nice to see you get a pic of the landlord smiling