Thursday, July 05, 2007

Tedious Motoring

There's one thing motorbikes have over cars.... You never get bored of them. Never.

Due to rain, rain and more rain I haven't bothered getting on mine for what must be almost a month now (The Tatenhill post was a little late uploading to the blog in case you're wondering).

Today I have to take a long boring drive down the motorway to collect a part for a machine. Not even the novelty of a new car can generate enough enthusiasm to make the journey. So, with built up frustration caused by lack of riding I had this brainwave that come rain, hail, sleet, snow, tornadoes or hurricanes I was going to take my bike instead. Brilliant idea, until I realised that the machine part is too big to fit on my bike. I doubt even Loz could invent a suitably ingenious mounting structure for the job! So sadly a tedious car journey it has to be.

I thought the following photo just about sums up my feelings.


Moi, the happy chappy

13 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

Aww. Poor baby.

How did you do that with no hands?

Ali said...

And I thought 'real bikers' always took the p**s out of 'fair-weather bikers'!!!! Although, sadly, G doesn't get his bike out so much in the rain since he bought this one. Too much chrome to polish!! lol. Happy motoring Mike.x

PS - Love what you've done with the photo! Very cool.

Ali said...

DAMN!!! I thought I was first!!! There were no comments when I started typing... lol.. Miss U that's cheating, you clearly didn't type enough!!!

ellie said...

Nice picture Mr S. Love the blurred effect like the tardis zooming through time! Your pretty hot looking too in a hot and bothered sort of way of course ;)

Anonymous said...

I know what you are trying to say about the rain and bikes Mike. I ventured out today on mine when it was not QUITE raining, on my return journey, I got soaked to the skin with my b bag floating on the saddle.

Mike said...

Miss U - Self timer :)

Ali - I can understand somebody getting excited about being first on a blog that has dozens, if not hundreds of comments but on here? The most comments I've ever had is 22 and I strongly suspect half of those were replies by myself lol.

Ellie - Stop it. I'm very shy you know and you'll make me go red!

Pete - I'm considering part exchanging my bike for a canoe.

Anonymous said...

miss u,
mike has two hands, one is clearly visible in photo.
mike, your canoe is in my garage,hell or high water off to brighton this afternoon !

In Ink said...

Whoa you had the decorators in! Very nice!

Elaine Denning said...

Loz - Um yeah! But what I meant was, he obviously didn't use his hands to take the picture. The self timer thing didn't even occur to me :)

Anonymous said...

So theres one thing that would suck more, the car radio playing "born to be wild".

Mike said...

Michael - Just been on your blog. You doing a runner pal? Hope all's well?

Kate - "Sucking more" and "born to be wild"....... Yip, sounds good to me ;)

savannah said...

maybe the rain will stop soon and you'll have a few days of clear riding, sugar!

Mustang said...

riding in the rain is a wonderful feeling..


mustang

Ps : the new template looks really cool.