Saturday, January 13, 2007

A Cheesy Tale

It was 13.5 degrees celcius yesterday afternoon and the roads were dry. I finish work early. I'm going out on my bike (I have a big cheesy grin on my face). Garage door open. Bike wheeled out. Bike started. Helmet on. New gloves on. Me on bike.

I'm going out on my bike! (I have a big cheesy grin on my face)

I'm away. 25 minutes later I'm back home (with a big cheesy grin on my face). Engine off. Gloves off. Helmet off. Garage door open. Bike in garage. Garage door shut.

I've been out on my bike! (and I have a big cheesy grin on my face)

14 missed calls!!!

In twenty five minutes!!!

14 missed calls!!!

The phone rings. It's the fifteenth call from the same person.


Me: "Hello"

Concerned Parent: "Michael, are you out on your bike?"

Me: "Errr, nope"

Concerned Parent: "Let me rephrase that. Have you BEEN out on your bike?"

Me: "Errr, nope"

Concerned Parent: "Well somebody who looks remarkably like you on a bike that looks remarkably like yours has just shot past us like A . BAT . OUT . OF . BLOO . DY . HELL"




A . BAT . OUT . OF . BLOO . DY . HELL

(Yeah but one with a big cheesy grin on his face!)

5 comments:

Mike said...

It's only me!!! I'd just like to point out (in case there's any police reading this) that my mother thinks 50 mph in a 60 limit is riding like A . BAT . OUT . OF . BLOO . DY . HELL

Anonymous said...

Uh huh. Sure. 5O in a 6O. Smooth!

Elaine Denning said...

LMAO!

Mike....c'mon. You weren't going 50 though, were you?

We went out on the bike at the weekend. I always wondered why, after we get home, Rob always goes back out again for 20 minutes. I think I now know why. It's the thrill of riding it without my fingernails digging into his ribs.

By the way, I go my lazy ass together and linked you, cos you teach me things I think I should know!

Mike said...

Fingernails digging in his ribs eh? Well at least you weren't trying to grab hold of something else of his in an attempt to use it as a handbrake!!

Wow... linked.... I'm honoured. Christ, no pressure there then is there? I'm going to have to start trying to write stuff that's; A) funny, and B) of some interest.

I shall be returning the favour and linking to your place just as soon as I do my next link update, which will be very shortly.

Anonymous said...

more spam than cheese really