Sunday, February 11, 2007

A Burger With A Smile

It went against the grain, but I visited a Drive-thru McDonalds the other day. Please don't judge me for this; it was cold and I needed some hot food instantly. Although I realise the staff really do make an effort to serve up the most god awful food they can possible get away with, I never put them down as the sort of people who are actively trying to out-do Gordon Ramsey in the rudeness stakes.

I'm greeted by a young lady at the window, who unbeknown to me at this point in time, is luring me into a false sense of security.

"Good morning, can I take your order sir?."

After a brief moment battling my health morals, I presented her with my order.

"Umm errr, umm, errr (please note that it was definitely more of a umm errr than a oooh errr. I would hate to make myself sound like some sort of lecherous pervert who ogles employees of The McDonalds Corporation), I'll have a double quarter pounder cheeseburger meal with a diet coke, please."

Silently content with myself for letting pure greed get the better of my conscience, I cheerfully handed over my money with a smile. At this point, I'd normally expect some sort of "thank you". There was nothing like that, not even a "have a nice day"....

"Your meal will be a few minutes, could you drive over there (she's pointing by this stage), and park in the disabled spot."

Disabled spot!!!

Excuse me!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps she thinks that after eating one of their meals you will feel so bloated you won't be able to walk!

Ant said...

Well maybe you have the look of a disabled about you, Loz always say's your "special".....i didnt think he meant "needs"......

ellie said...

Don't worry about it Mike, when do disabled drivers ever use disabled parking spaces? They are always occupied by lazy f**kers who won't walk the length of themselves. Anyone who saw you there would just assume ..... lol

Elaine Denning said...

If you'd ordered one of their salads with a Fruit Shoot, perhaps she'd have let you park somewhere else?

I'm very disappointed you didn't get the Big Tasty though....and then taken pictures. Have you ever tried to eat one of those things without it falling all over your coat?

Anonymous said...

Must be your hairstyle or something (if you are gonna come back at me, do it with something better than that)

Had you just left the Local, had 1 over the eight and uttered something about a Mig Bac and farge Lies or maybe she was just a cupid stunt

Anonymous said...

Bahahhaha... Funny! Good story!