Monday, February 05, 2007

Friday Night

On Friday, to celebrate my up and coming birthday, which was yesterday, we all piled into the local village pub to watch Dumpy from Dumpy's Rusty Nuts play an acoustic set. Andy, our local village pub barman, who's also the drummer from said band joined in the fun with a bit of bongoing on the bongo (although technically, I don't think the bongo type thing was actually called a bongo).

I have no idea what happened to Dean. I suspect he couldn't keep up with the drinking pace. Somewhere halfway through the evening he starting slowing down, then he disappeared for a while, then he disappeared altogether, never to be seen again.......

......Not too dissimilar to when he's out on his bike with us!!!

Anyway, a good night was had by all (I presume). It's just a shame Saturday was spoilt by a hangover from hell.

(BTW, only joking Dean)

I'd also just like to thank Matt (Joey) for vastly improving my birthday by knocking on my front door and dragging me out for a bike ride, although I didn't really take any dragging.

7 comments:

ellie said...

Belated birthday greetings Mike.

Elaine Denning said...

Ooh you kept that quiet! Glad you had a good night. Sorry bout the hangover! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there, let me tell you I did not know about this birthday thing until Monday when I saw him in said village pub. I had just left work and went for my usual Monday stop off.

I bought a drink and said hello to the people in there including Mike obviously. One thing that struck me was that he looked shagged, I mean he did not have bags under his eyes, he had them around his eyes, do you wear mascara Mick.

Just kidding, happy 45th birthday anyway. Lol.

Mike said...

I'm THIRTY BLOODY EIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mike,

u guys should connect with another blogger from Chennai (Madras - India) Dave the moderator of Mad Bulls (Madras Bullets). His blog spot is Life.. and my Tales. Check it out.

Love your blog.. more on ur pub drinking sprees nd the mascara on your eyes

Anonymous said...

hey mike you cant beat a good madras !!!!!!!!!
however you can beat an egg. and we all know whats next !!!!!

Mike said...

Loz is referring to a joke, but I'm not going to repeat it on here. I'll give you a clue though.

What's the difference between an egg and a ****?

Answer:
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a ..........

You'll have to guess the missing word.