Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Get In While You Can!!!

Last week I had my car hand washed by the local Polish people that have taken over the local garage close to where I work.

(note: I'm talking about Polish as in people from Poland, not polish as in something you might like to do to your wooden furniture, car, motorbike, penis etc)

Now, you would have thought £3 is cheap for a hand wash on your car. Not so!



By my rough calculations, they've only actually washed 50% of my car. This makes for not such a good deal! But all is not lost. Things seem to be looking up because, when I drove past the garage this morning I noticed they'd put their prices up to £5. Maybe this is because they've now decided to wash peoples entire vehicles and not just half of them. If this is true, I'll now be getting my WHOLE car washed for £5 and not £6 which you'd expect to be paying.

I suggest everybody rushes over and gets their car done at this bargain price before one of them realises they're ripping themselves off.

11 comments:

ellie said...

A complete hand job for £5!

Still confused by the picture of a dirty car mind you!

Ant said...

Ive noticed theses popping up all over the place,is this what Poland is famous for? washing cars!. Suppose its a bit like us in the U.K all drinking tea every other minute of the day, or the Americans all been fat and obnoxious and threatning anything that moves, (Not including you Blither, ive seen your pics!!)or the French being the same as the Americans but smelling far worse...

Please read the following disclaimer...

"The views shown it the previous comment are not necessarily the views of the "Jangle Community" and they hold no responsibility or agree with the short sightedness and underlying xenophobia of their contributors, namely Ant... but then again they might agree so ignore the first bit of this, thank you...."

Mike said...

I think you'll find the Polish are famous for kebanos. However, I think they might be able to learn a thing or two from my local butcher who really knows how to make a right proper mean pork sausage.

Xenophobia? Hang on, let me look that one up....

xenophobia

noun
an irrational fear of foreigners or strangers

WordNet® 2.1, © 2005 Princeton University

Ant said...

I only know the word xenophobia because there used to be an arcade game up at Burntwood Baths of the same name, Ahhhh the original Burntwood Baths... any one remember the name of the water slide that they had put in... if i remember correctly they had a competition in the local paper to choose a name for it....and the name that won.....wait for it.... they named it "Rapid 69"!!!! the person who sent that in for a laugh must of been very shocked...There are too many jokes involved for that name so please... feel free to add some of your own, this reminds me Mike... we need a monthly caption competition i think...anyone else agree??

Mike said...

You only want a monthly caption competition because you keep winning. And I seem to remember you never got the round of drinks in for the last time you won!!

Anonymous said...

1/2 a car is better than no car at all.. Wait wait wait..
Umm-
Yeah. I got nothing.

ellie said...

I think Ant is right, the caption competitions have been amusing, even if he does always win!

Anonymous said...

Ant, i know what the polish are famous for VODKA. Mike thats why your car is still dirty, they are pissed and your idle

Mike said...

There's one slight snag with the caption competition thing, and that's a lack of photo to use. As soon as I get one we'll have another cap comp.

Elaine Denning said...

We have a Polish man in our street who, when he gets home from work, sits in his car for hours and listens to really weird music.

Just sayin'.

Anonymous said...

miss undies,
you dont actually say he has a house. does he live in the car ? that would then make perfect sense to me