Tuesday, July 24, 2007

What Comes Around Goes Around

When we set this blog up fifteen months ago I had little concept of what blogs were all about. For me it was nothing more than free web space for my friends and I to upload our photos and keep a diary of what's been going on in our lives.

I'd have never guessed that eighteen months down the line the blog would have opened up a whole new world of friends. For me it's like a modern version of having pen pals. Not just one pen pal but lots of them.

Reading my meme a couple of weeks ago when I mentioned my love of boomerangs, Kate Isis took it upon herself to send me a hand painted Aboriginal boomerang all the way from Australia where she lives. This morning one beautifully hand crafted boomerang arrived on my desk and along with it came a huge smile on my face from ear to ear.

I'm going to fly it a couple of times (of which I'll try and get some photos) then it's going to be displayed on my wall and treasured for ever.

I was going to finish off by saying; "Kate, you really are a genuine, caring, thoughtful, lovely, wonderful and beautiful person." (Which of course you are, ten times over) but it's a bit slushy for a bike blog isn't it?

So how about....... "You really do fucking rock!"

Yip, that's the one..... perfect :)

14 comments:

ellie said...

What a beautiful gift. Awhhhh I love seeing a bit of hapiness shared. x

Elaine Denning said...

Awww. That's lovely. People here really are wonderful, aren't they?




Just don't ask for knickers.

Anonymous said...

OMG Australia Post actually do deliver.
Glad it got there in one piece.
Remember to duck! xox

Ali said...

What a wonderful gift. It's such a shame that all communities aren't as caring and friendly as blogsphere.. people here are fantastic.

Dave G said...

Great gift and all because you blog. That kind of thing never happens to me, not that I can see people sending me their old girlfriends or wives just because I blog about them. But the odd woman with lose morals arriving through the post every now and again would go a long way to putting a smile on my face.
I remember as an eleven year old discovering some very flat coat hangers that when the hangy bit was sawn of resembles a boomerang. My pals and I had a great time in our local park slinging them around, and yes they did come back quite accurately.

Momentary Madness said...

Instant Karma (cause and effect) Mike: you hit someone, and it comes back to hit you.
Y;-) Paddy

Anonymous said...

did i mention that i collect £50 notes !

Ali said...

loz ~ I have an old Monopoly game somewhere, I'll hunt you some out!!! only cos you didn't insult my photographs though ;o)

I hope Mike's boomerang works a treat and comes back to hit him in the ....... lol

Anonymous said...

Ali- the reason i dont insult stuff like that is because i havent got an artistic streak....... sarcastic yes.
cant draw, paint, sing or play instruments, i just make and fix things !

savannah said...

how absolutely cool, sugar! now i'm smiling, too! take more pics soon!!!!

(btw, i tried doing the backgrouund thing...jaysus, i am a techno doofus!!!..but i will try again, soon, i think) *L*

Anonymous said...

Dave - i wouldn't even begin to know how to package a woman to send through the post let alone an odd one with loose morals.
Maybe a bear cage?

Anonymous said...

Your boomerang wont come back
Your boomerang wont come back
You've thrown the thing all over the place
Practiced till you've gone blue in the face
Your a big disgrace to the (human) aboriginal race
Your boomerang wont come back

Ant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ant said...

Just thought Mike, you were lucky to recieve the boomerang through our tight security.....it could be classed as a weapon of mass destruction...ps ive actually uploaded some pictures to my own blog!!!!!! omg!! but i missed out the comments and now i cant find out how to add any..:( yes that was a shameless plug for people to click on my blog....